2007 Yamaha YZF-R1
- All-new, light, powerful and packed with trickle-down MotoGP trickery, the YZF-R1 is the most advanced Open-class production motorcycle ever built.
- All-new inline four-cylinder engine is the most powerful, tractable R1 powerplant ever, thanks partially to the world's first electronic variable-length intake funnel system.
- The YZF-R1 uses the YCC-T fly-by-wire throttle system for flawless response under all conditions.
- Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch greatly facilitates braking/downshifting from high speed.
- All-new aluminum Deltabox frame and swingarm take Open-class handling to the next performance level.
- New, six-piston radial-mount front brake calipers and 310mm discs generate the kind of braking power a bike like the new R1 requires.
- Short-stroke 998cc DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled inline four- cylinder engine produces more tractable power than ever.
- Yamaha Chip Control Throttle controls a 32-bit ECU fuel injection system for super-responsive, smooth, instantaneous power delivery.
- Yamaha Chip Control Intake electronically adjusts intake funnel length between either 65 or 140mm for an amazingly broad, smooth powerband.
- Two-piece ergonomically designed fuel tank carries fuel in the rear section, for good centralization of mass, while the front half contains a Ram-Air-fed airbox for increased power.
- Lay-down design cylinder head optimizes weight distribution, straightens intake tracts for improved cylinder filling, and allows frame to pass over instead of around the engine for great strength and a narrow chassis.
- Closed-deck cylinder block increases strength and allows a narrow engine in spite of big, 77mm bores.
- Narrow-angle four-valve combustion chambers produce a highly efficient 12.7:1 compression ratio; 31mm titanium intake valves and 25mm exhausts controlled by new, high-lift cams flow plenty of air.
- Light and strong nutless connecting rods with fractured big ends produce a quick-revving engine with excellent high-rpm durability.
- High silicon-content ceramic-composite cylinder sleeves ensure great heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction.
- Close-ratio six-speed gearbox with triangulated shaft layout for great strength, compactness, and quicker acceleration.
- Ramp-type slipper clutch makes braking from speed into tight corners while downshifting smoother and therefore faster.
- Redesigned titanium underseat exhaust system (with stainless steel midpipe and catalyst) provides excellent cornering clearance and a broad, seamless powerband.
- 13-percent greater radiator capacity and an aluminum liquid-cooled oil cooler maintain stable operating temperature.
- Direct ignition coils, dual-electrode spark plugs and high-output magneto deliver extremely accurate, reliable firing.
- AC generator behind cylinder block produces a narrow engine with excellent cornering clearance.
- An all-new Deltabox frame tuned for optimal flex carries the lay-down four-cylinder stressed-member style, for great handling and efficient aerodynamic penetration.
- A new truss-type swingarm is extremely strong and tuned for optimal traction and feedback.
- Dual 310mm front disc brakes; new, six-piston radial-mount calipers and Brembo radial-pump front master cylinder with adjustable lever deliver amazing braking power and feel.
- Fully adjustable KYB inverted telescopic front fork with 43mm tubes has been revalved to complement other chassis changes.
- Piggyback rear shock now offers both high- and low-speed compression adjustability, rebound damping and a new, twist-style spring preload adjuster.
- Light, five-spoke wheels enhance acceleration, deceleration, handling and suspension action.
- Redesigned headlights provide great illumination and distinctive style, while the LED taillight is light, bright and highly efficient.
- Adjustable LCD illumination and multi-function digital gauges: adjustable shift light, odometer, dual tripmeters, water temperature, air temperature, full-time clock, lap timer and large 15,000 rpm analog tachometer.
- New-design fairing with bigger Ram-Air intakes and screwless windscreen provides maximum aerodynamic efficiency and engine performance.
- Sticky 120/70-ZR17 and 190/50-ZR17 radial tires for incredible grip and precise handling.
- Forged footpegs are extra durable and light.
- Extensive use of hollow bolts and lightweight fasteners helps trim overall weight.
- 8.6 AH battery is compact and light.
- Durable #530 O-ring–sealed drive chain.
- Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.
- Engine Type
- 16-valve, DOHC, slant block, inline four stroke
- 998 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 77 x 53.6 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection with YCC-T and YCC-I
- Digital TCI
- Front Suspension
- 43mm inverted telescopic fork w/adjustable preload, compression damping, rebound damping; 4.7 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock w/piggyback reservoir; adjustable for hi-/lo-speed compression damping, rebound damping, spring preload (fully adjustable link Monocross); 5.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual 310mm discs; radial-mount forged 6-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes
- 220mm disc w/single-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 55.7 in. (1415 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.9 in. (835 mm)
- 24.0 deg. (Caster Angle)
- 4.0 in. (102 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.75 gal. (18 l)
- Dry Weight
- 390 lbs. (177 kg)
- 6-speed w/multi-plate slipper clutch
- Final Drive
- #530 O-ring chain
- Standard: Analog
- Team Yamaha Blue, Charcoal Silver, Candy Red
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)