2011 Harley-Davidson® Softail Fat Boy Lo
You can tell a Softail® motorcycle by its horseshoe oil tank, hidden suspension, and uncommonly smooth ride. If it doesn't have any one of these three things, it ain't a Softail®. Your 2011 Softail® models benefit not only from the kind of cool custom styling that make motorcycles go from metal machines to moving works of art, but also from the engineering marvels that make that ride unmistakable.
The 2011 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy Lo FLSTFB has all the features you expect on custom Harley motorcycles. Hearkening to the "hardtail" choppers of the '60s and '70s, the Fat Boy Lo is one of the custom Harley motorcycles that keeps that heritage alive more than forty years later. And this special edition shows a darker side of the original "fat custom" bike—laid-back and blacked-out with an unmistakable profile on the road. Take a minute and learn about all the features of the Fat Boy Lo and learn more about other custom Harley motorcycles.
- Twin Cam 96B™ engine heritage: The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it was put to good use when we created the Twin Cam 96B™ counter-balanced engine. We sweated bullets perfecting every cubic inch, pushing design and technology forward. And we did it all without compromising one bit of Harley-Davidson's unique styling. Evolved, yet carrying on the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution® and Twin Cam 88® engines that came before. The performance and durability are a direct result of the untold miles logged on the V-Twin since 1909, and the proud heritage that comes from a century's worth of commitment to life on two wheels.
- Twin Cam 96B™ engine innovation: Fire up the air-cooled, rigid-mounted Twin Cam 96B™ counter-balanced engine and feel the low-end torque unleashed for a smooth ride. Thanks to the lightweight piston design, delivery of the added power is more refined than ever. Then put your foot on the shifter and feel how the engine and Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission were designed to work together. Six speeds. A strong driveline and strong internal parts. Low routine maintenance. And a low cruising rpm couldn't feel better.
- Pure Harley-Davidson styling: Feast your eyes on the Twin Cam 96B™ counter-balanced engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson® style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find on any other bike. The black powder-coated engine features machined cooling fin tips and is topped off with brilliant chrome rocker covers. Rigid-mounted and air-cooled, the 1584cc Twin Cam 96B™ engine provides increased power, smooth performance and a maintenance-free built-in primary auto chain tensioner. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers--the Twin Cam 96B™ engine makes an ironclad statement to holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies the rider.
- Six-Speed Cruise Drive®: You want a ride that rumbles--not begs for mercy--when you lean on it a little. The Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. It's a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you're opening up the road ahead.
- Classic Harley-Davidson® rumble: Iconic, fierce, the most distinct decibels you'll ever hear bouncing off city canyons or scenic country landscapes. The sound of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle has a rich history of its own. It's a classic roar. It's the sound of freedom, soul and self-expression.
- Anti-lock brakes (optional): When it comes to the Rocker™ C model with optional ABS, "stopping power" has a double meaning. The components of our ABS are tastefully hidden within the wheel hub, so you'll still turn heads with clean, streamlined designed. More importantly, though you get certainty in the saddle knowing your bike's going to behave when you need it. Offered as a part of the "Security Package" (which includes the H-D® Smart Security System).
- Artfully hidden technology: Harley-Davidson® leverages the latest in technology without compromising style and function. That means we hide electronics. The whole wiring harness is skillfully routed behind the jewels of the bike--the tank, engine and all the other eye-popping features you want to see. It's just another way The Motor Company goes the extra mile to give its bikes that premium, top-of-the-line fit and finish.
- Intuitive controls: Hand controls on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle are incredibly intuitive. The turn signals are self-canceling and, based on the speed and angle of the motorcycle, they know how long to stay on. Engaging the controls quickly becomes second nature so you can focus less on turning off your signal and more on basking in the freedom of the ride.
- H-D® Smart Security System (optional): The factory installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to details and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Low suspension: To give the Fat Boy® Lo model its distinctive road-hugging stance, we've dropped the front and rear suspension 1.15 inches. That makes it the lowest seat height of any stock Harley-Davidson® model at a down and dirty 24.25 inches. Perfect for smaller riders or those who just like to feel down in the bike.
- Fat Dunlop® tires: Whether you're crossing state lines or staying within city limits, you want a confident feeling of sure contact with the road. The front end holds a premium touring tire with a three-ply polyester casing and two fiberglass belts. The back cruiser tire has an advanced tread pattern. Made from a specifically formulated compound, it delivers outstanding grip in wet or dry weather. And since they're from Dunlop®, you know you're wrapping your premium rollers in quality rubber.
- Tuned to be ridden: Harley-Davidson® motorcycles are different from any other bike out on the road. There's a balance to them. The steering, the maneuverability--it's all in concert. And each Harley-Davidson® model is tuned differently to create a unique riding experience for each individual no matter which bike they swing their leg over. Let's face it, we didn't get to where we are by being like everyone else.
- Full-length rider footboards: Your boots were made for riding, in any way you see fit. Our full-length footboards boast a tried and true design that's stood the test of time. Plenty of foot positions for your taste and comfort. Rubber vibration isolation for a comfortable ride. And heel-toe shifting for confident shifting every time. It takes a few rides, but once you've gotten used to the smooth heel-toe rhythm, you'll never give it up. The toes of your boots won't take the same beating, either.
- Narrow seat: To go along with the low seat height, we've added some ergos to make sure every inch of low pays off in pleasurable riding. We've slimmed up the seat itself. With the seat shape, lowdown frame and rigid powertrain, you can be sure you'll feel a solid, comfortable connection with the bike and road.
- Engine idle temperature management strategy: Our motorcycles are built to be ridden. A lot. So that means that rider comfort is top of the mind. Always. With the Engine Idle Temperature Management Strategy (EITMS) feature, the motorcycle automatically cuts fuel and fire from rear cylinder when idling, which helps reduce engine heat felt by rider and passenger. This feature can easily be turned on by your dealer.
- Seat engineering and design: The seat is home for Harley-Davidson® motorcycle riders. They want a seat that has unique style without sacrificing comfort. Because of that, Harley-Davidson® invests a lot of time in researching, designing and testing seats so that every bike has just the right saddle.
- Length: 94.3 in. (2390 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 24.25 in.
- Seat Height, Unladen: 26.35 in. (670 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.8 in. (125 mm)
- Rake Steering Head: 31.6°
- Trail: 5.8 in. (147 mm)
- Wheelbase: 64.5 in. (1630 mm)
- Fuel Capacity: 5 gal (18.9 l)
- Oil Capacity: 3.5 qt. (3.3 l)
- Dry Weight: 700 lbs. (313 kg)
- Running Order: 731 lbs. (330 kg)
- Transmission: 6-speed transmission
- Engine: Air-cooled, Twin Cam 96B™
- Displacement: 1584 cc (96 cu. in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 3.75 in./4.38 in. (95.3 mm/111.1 mm)
- Engine Torque: 93.7 ft. lbs. @ 3000 rpm (J1349, 127 Nm @ 3000 rpm)
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Fuel Economy City: 35 mpg (6.72 l/100km)
- Fuel Economy Hwy: 54 mpg (4.36 l/100km)
- Gear Ratio 1st: 9.311
- Gear Ratio 2nd: 6.454
- Gear Ratio 3rd: 4.793
- Gear Ratio 4th: 3.882
- Gear Ratio 5th: 3.307
- Gear Ratio 6th: 2.79
- Wheels Front: Black, Bullet Hole Disc Cast Aluminum
- Wheels Rear: Black, Bullet Hole Disc Cast Aluminum
- Front Tire Size: 140/75R17 67V
- Rear Tire Size: 200/55R17 78V
- Instruments: Tank-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, fuel gauge with low fuel warning light and countdown feature, low oil pressure indicator light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, 6-speed indicator light
- Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, security system (optional), 6-speed, low fuel warnings
- Brakes: 4-piston front and 2-piston rear
- Exhaust System: Denim Black and Satin Chrome, over/under shotgun exhaust with dual mufflers
- 2-year unlimited mileage warranty
- Vivid Black
- Fat custom style: Hearkening to the "hardtail" choppers of the '60s and '70s, the Fat Boy® Lo motorcycle keeps that heritage alive more than forty years later. This is the original "fat custom" bike--laid-back and luxurious with an unmistakable profile on the road. But the nostalgic style isn't just about the confident stance, chrome and old-school detail. It's how you look riding it. It's how it feels. It's the classic, relaxed riding position. You're not just cruising. You're in charge--kicked back on a throne of machined metal surveying your domain.
- Fat features: Big in all the right places. The 17-inch wheels of silver, bullet-hole, disc-cast aluminum definitely make an impression--especially with rubber 140mm wide in front and a beefy 200mm in back. And check out the chopsticks up front--fat front fork behind the huge, gorgeous headlamp. The handlebars are wide, giant stainless steel with bare-knuckle chrome risers. Plus, a new fuel tank medallion in 2011 boasts a generous slab of mirror chrome finish--noticeable on any stretch of road. It's a lot of fat in one tight bike. Definitely meaty. Wide. Big-boned. A bruiser. Call it what you want. Just admit that you want it.
- Blacked out finishes: You might say black is the new chrome when it comes to the Fat Boy® Lo model. There's black denim finish on the frame, swingarm, front shock covers, derby cover, horn cover, coil cover, oil tank and air cleaner cover. Black, bullet-hole disc-cast aluminum wheels with black centers and matching outer rims. Flat-black exhaust shields on the chrome shotgun exhaust. Gloss black half-moon footboards. Even blacked-out mirrors and headlamp. And black powder-coating on the powertrain with satin chrome accents finishes the job. With all this paint, you won't just be riding fat and low. You'll be throwing shade all the way.
- Hidden rear shocks: If you want a comfortable bike but love that rigid-suspension look, you've come to the right bike. We've kept all the modern comforts where they belong--below the surface of a rad, vintage-looking bike. You get the classic lines of a vintage "hardtail" frame with the horizontal rear shocks hidden in the guts. It's a signature rigid look, and you'll only find it on a Softail® model.
- Tank-mounted console: For 2011, the speedometer face boasts an even bigger, bolder display for the odometer and offers up more information on the fly, like an ancillary display for gear and rpm.
- Premium paint: Up to two times thicker than the competition, custom quality paint comes standard on all Harley-Davidson® motorcycles. Clearcoat layering up to five mils deep. Bigger metal flakes. Unique effects in the pearl colors. Skimping simply is not in our vocabulary.
- Hand finished fuel tank: All Harley-Davidson® fuel tanks are finished by hand--that's what makes them stand out from the competition. Their seamless design and unmatched style are unique among all motorcycles on the road. The tanks are one of the first and last things people notice when they lay their eyes on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle--so we make it worth their time.
- Engine Type
- Air-cooled, Twin Cam 96B™
- 1584 cc (96 cu. in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.75 in./4.38 in. (95.3 mm/111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- 4-piston front
- Rear Brakes
- 2-piston rear
- Front Tire
- 140/75R17 67V
- Rear Tire
- 200/55R17 78V
- 64.5 in. (1630 mm)
- Seat Height
- 26.35 in. (670 mm)
- 5.8 in. (147 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 gal (18.9 l)
- City: 35 mpg (6.72 l/100km), Hwy: 54 mpg (4.36 l/100km)
- Dry Weight
- 700 lbs. (313 kg)
- 6-speed transmission
- Final Drive
- Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Vivid Black