2012 Honda CBR1000RR
- Assisted Slipper Clutch: Superbikes can deliver a great deal of backtorque through the driveline, upsetting handling. Not the CBR1000RR. Its Honda-designed Assisted Slipper Clutch is the same type used on our MotoGP bikes. The design does away with the need for heavy clutch springs ensuring full power transmission with smooth shifting and a light clutch pull at the lever.
- Dual-Stage Fuel Injection: Two sets of injectors per cylinder for both low- and high-rpm performance. Instantaneous high-rpm response, along with great low-rpm metering and clean running. For 2012, newly refined EFI settings make the engine even more manageable, with smoother throttle response specifically at smaller throttle openings.
- Centrally Located Fuel Tank: The CBR1000RR's 4.7-gallon fuel tank is positioned in the center of the chassis and low in the frame. This allows for a more compact design, but even more important helps centralize the bike's mass. Increased mass centralization means the CBR is more responsive to rider input, especially when leaning the bike into a turn or standing it up at the exit.
- Twin-Spar Aluminum Chassis: Four-piece aluminum frame design balances strength, rigidity, and lightness. Wrapped tightly around the engine, the structure helps centralize the CBR1000RR's mass for more responsive handling--some of the best anywhere on two wheels.
- BPF Front Suspension: The CBR1000RR's all-new front suspension uses a Big Piston Fork (BPF). The new 43mm Showa fork is smoother and more responsive, and gives you excellent front-end feedback.
- Unit Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: The CBR1000RR features new suspension front and rear. In the back, the Unit Pro-Link design uses a new Balance Free Rear shock that uses a double-tube design for smoother and more accurate response.
- Gull-Wing Swingarm: The CBR1000RR's braced aluminum "gull wing" swingarm is deliberately long. That helps deliver improved traction and gives the rider excellent chassis feedback.
- Honda Electronic Steering Damper
- New 12-Spoke Wheels: With their consistent rigidity and balance, these sharp-looking 12-spoke cast aluminum wheels work with the new fork and enhances suspension feedback to deliver real handling improvements.
- New Layered Fairing: There's no mistaking the new 2012 CBR1000RR, thanks to its all new Layered Fairing bodywork. Lean, mean, more aggressive from front to back, it's a real attention getter, even when it's standing still.
- New LCD Instruments: The CBR1000RR's new, full-screen LCD instrumentation includes lap timer, trip and fuel-consumption computer, five-level customizable shift indicator, gear-position indicator and peak-rpm memory function.
- Engine Type: 999 cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 76 mm x 55.1 mm
- Induction: Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI)
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping
- Compression Ratio: 12.3:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive: #530 O-ring-sealed chain
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
- Front Suspension: 43 mm inverted Big Piston fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability
- Rear Suspension: Unit Pro-Link® Balance Free Rear Shock with spring preload, rebound and compression-damping adjustability
- Front Brake: Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with full floating 320 mm discs
- Rear Brake: Single 220 mm disc
- Front Tires: 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tires: 190/50ZR-17 radial
- Rake: 23.3 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 96.0 mm (3.8 in.)
- Wheelbase: 55.5 in.
- Seat Height: 32.3 in.
- Curb Weight: 441 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel ready to ride.)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.7 gal., including 1.06-gallon reserve
- Available Colors: Red, Black, Pearl White/Blue/Red
- Model Id: CBR1000RR
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Note: Standard against which all other literbikes are measured
Factory Warranty Information
- One Year: Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Inline four-cylinder; DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- 999 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 76 mm x 55.1 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI)
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping
- Front Suspension
- 43 mm inverted Big Piston fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability
- Rear Suspension
- Unit Pro-Link® Balance Free Rear Shock with spring preload, rebound and compression-damping adjustability
- Front Brakes
- Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with full floating 320 mm discs
- Rear Brakes
- Single 220 mm disc
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 190/50ZR-17 radial
- 55.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.3 in.
- 23.3 deg.
- 3.8 in. (96.0 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.7 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 441 lb.
- Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive
- #530 O-ring-sealed chain
- Red, Black, Pearl White/Blue/Red
- One Year Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.