2012 Honda SHADOW AERO
Old-school style. New-school performance.
In our entire lineup of Shadow 750s, our Shadow Aero is one of the most popular cruisers on the road. And one look will tell you why. Classic, retro style, like the spoked wheels, full fenders, and long, chromed mufflers. Thoroughly modern performance courtesy of the 745cc V-twin engine, specially tuned for low-revving torque. And maintenance-reducing features like shaft final drive. Best of all, the Aero is a huge bargain, giving you a big-bike ride without the big-bike price. And it’s a bargain when it comes time to fill up, too. If you’re ready to turn some heads in a big way, and appreciate a bike that’s never going to go out of style, the Aero is the machine for you.
A classic engine with modern power.
There’s nothing like a V-twin when it comes to cruisin’. And the Shadow Aero gets one of our best: a 745cc powerplant that provides plenty of torque and a wide, user-friendly powerband.
There’s no mistaking that V-twin sound.
The Aero features a custom 2-into-2 exhaust system, flowing into bullet-style mufflers. The result is a soul-stirring sound that's classic V-twin cruiser, making the Aero a bike that sounds as good as it looks.
Less maintenance means more time for riding.
Cruisers should be about getting out and having fun, not about maintenance headaches. That’s why the Aero’s shaft final drive makes so much sense. Clean, virtually maintenance-free and efficient, it’s the smart choice.
- V-Twin Engine: Nothing pumps out the torque like a big V-twin. The Aero's power makes it perfect for both around-town cruising, commutes, and casual weekend-long rides.
- Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Forget about fiddling with a choke—the Shadow's fuel injection system means no-hassle startups on cold mornings or at high altitudes, and optimal performance in any condition.
- Front Disc Brake: If there's one place you DON'T want retro performance, it's when it comes to your brakes. That's why we gave the Shadow Aero a 296mm front disc for distinctly modern stopping power.
- 2-Into-2 Exhaust System: Sleek new pipes feature bullet-style mufflers for that classic cruiser style of yesteryear. Large-diameter head pipes and 2-into-2 system design combine to put out true, V-twin cruiser sound.
- Shaft Final Drive
- Low Seat Height: Skimming the pavement at just 25.9 inches, the Aero's low seat height makes flat-footing it at stoplights or in parking lots a breeze. And the Aero's narrow seat/tank junction makes it feel even lower.
- Engine Type: 745 cc liquid-cooled 52 deg. V-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 79 mm x 76 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 34 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 4.6 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 3.5 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 296 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: 180mm drum
- Front Tire: 120/90-17
- Rear Tire: 160/80-15
- Rake: 34 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 161 mm (6.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 64.5 in.
- Seat Height: 25.9 in.
- Curb Weight: 560 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel ready to ride.)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal., including 0.9-gallon reserve
- Miles Per Gallon: 56 MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of a ccessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Candy Dark Red, Pearl Black/Silver
- Model Id: VT750C
- One Year: Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- 52 deg. V-twin; SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- 745 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 79 mm x 76 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 34 mm throttle body
- Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork; 4.6 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 3.5 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 296 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- 180mm drum
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 64.6 in.
- Seat Height
- 25.9 in.
- 34 deg.
- 6.3 in. (161 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.7 gal., including 0.9-gallon reserve
- 56 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 560 lb.
- Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive
- Candy Dark Red, Pearl Black/Silver
- One Year Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.