2012 Suzuki V-STROM 1000
You need two things for an unforgettable sport-adventure. The first is a road with twits and turns that lead from one spectacular view to another. The second is a bike with the performance to make the most of every mile - and there's no better machine to do that than the V-Strom 1000. It has a Suzuki fuel-injected, 90-degree V-twin engine tuned for incredible low-end and mid-range torque, so you can tap into thrilling acceleration in every gear. It has a lightweight rigid chassis and advanced suspension to provide remarkably crisp handling even on the tightest back roads. When you reach the open highway, the V-Strom 1000 excels. Its smooth engine performance, aerodynamic windshield and ergonomic riding position provide a level of comfort that makes it one of the finest sport-touring machines available. With the Suzuki V-Strom 1000, the sport-adventure is yours for the taking.
Upright, relaxed riding position, well-padded seat and aerodynamic fairing provide all-day-long comfort
Height-adjustable windshield for increased wind protection and comfort can be adjusted to three positions in a 50mm vertical range, work together with hand guards designed for maximum wind protection.
996cc Liquid-cooled, Suzuki fuel-injected, 90-degree V-twin engine with four valves per cylinder, dual-overhead cams and oil provides exceptional low-end and mid-range torque for exhilarating performance.
Advanced digital engine management system featuring Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV), delivers optimum combustion efficiency for linear response, fuel economy and superior low-end torque along with low emissions.
Auto Fast Idling System (AFIS) automatically sets throttle valve opening during cold engine starts by monitoring coolant temperature.
Digital ignition system provides optimum ignition timing with separate maps for each cylinder to provide outstanding performance and smooth throttle response.
Semi-gear driven valve system simplifies maintenance and minimizes cam sprocket size and engine height for optimum engine placement. A short crankshaft and staggered transmission shafts further contribute to the light and compact design.
Lightweight shim-under-bucket valve system operates 36mm intake and 33mm exhaust valves, with valve timing designed to enhance low-RPM power.
SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material) plated cylinders for durability, weight reduction and superior heat transfer, working together with a high-efficiency liquid cooling system includes a compact oil cooler for optimum engine operating temperature.
High-mounted stainless steel exhaust system with aluminum mufflers tuned to enhance engine torque.
PAIR (Pulsed-AIR) system injects fresh air into the exhaust port after the exhaust valves open to ignite unburned hydrocarbons, further reducing emissions.
Smooth-shifting six-speed transmission with sixth gear overdrive features a hydraulic clutch for light pull at the lever improving rider comfort.
Lightweight magnesium valve and ignition covers are complemented by a sound deadening plastic outer clutch cover.
Lightweight, compact and rigid aluminum twin-spar frame and swingarm provide agile handling. A bolt-on sub-frame simplifies maintenance.
Cartridge-style 43mm front forks with adjustable preload provide 6.3 inches of wheel travel for a comfortable ride.
Link-type rear suspension features 6.3 inches of wheel travel and a piggyback-style shock absorber with adjustable rebound damping and a knob-operated hydraulic preload adjuster.
Multi-reflector 60W/55W headlights.
Easy-to-read instruments include a large speedometer and tach dials, plus LCD display for fuel level, engine temperature, odometer, tripmeters and clock.
Engine undercover panel is designed for ample ground clearance and sleek appearance.
Large rear luggage rack features a rubber-padded platform to help keep bags and luggage in place.
Rugged seat cover material enhances comfort and durability.
Dual front disc brakes with large 310mm rotors and twin-piston calipers, plus a single-disc rear brake with 260mm rotor and single-piston caliper provide strong stopping power.
Lightweight cast aluminum wheels with DualSport-style tires for optimum traction.
Large 5.8 gallon fuel tank for long-range operation.
Pearl Mira Red/Black
- Bore Stroke: 3.858 in. (98.0 mm) x 2.598 in. (66.0 mm)
- Compression Ratio: 11.3 : 1
- Engine: 60.8 cu.in. (996 cc), 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90-degree V-twin
- Fuel System: Fuel injection
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Starter: Electric
- Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
- Brakes Front: Disc brake, twin
- Brakes Rear: Disc brake
- Color: Pearl Mira Red/Black
- Curb Weight: 525 lb. (238 kg)
- Final Drive: RK525 SMOZ7, 112 links
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.8/4.8 US/Imp gal. (22 L)
- Ground Clearance: 6.5 in. (165 mm)
- Overall Length: 90.4 in. (2295 mm)
- Overall Width: 35.8 in. (910 mm)
- Seat Height: 33.1 in. (840 mm)
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Tires Front: 110/80 R19 M/C 59H, tubeless
- Tires Rear: 150/70 R17 M/C 69H, tubeless
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Wheelbase: 60.4 in. (1535 mm)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, DOHC, 90 deg. V-twin
- 60.8 cu.in. (996 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.858 in. (98.0 mm) x 2.598 in. (66.0 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- 11.3 : 1
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection
- Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake, twin
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Front Tire
- 110/80 R19 M/C 59H, tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 150/70 R17 M/C 69H, tubeless
- 60.4 in. (1535 mm)
- Seat Height
- 33.1 in. (840 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.8/4.8 US/Imp gal. (22 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 525 lb. (238 kg)
- 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- RK525 SMOZ7 Chain, 112 links
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Digital
- Pearl Mira Red/Black
- 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.