2013 Honda Shadow RS
Cruiser Style + Roadster Cool = Instant Classic.
Yep, believe your eyes—those are higher-set footpegs and shorter, more upright bars. So, how can this be a Shadow cruiser, you ask? Oh it’s all Shadow, just with a heavy dose of old-school roadster thrown in—you don’t have to look too hard to see the classic flat-track influences in the peanut-shaped fuel tank and flatter seat. It all adds up to an amazing motorcycle that’s just as much at home on a favorite back road as it is prowling on a Saturday night. And that means fun, with a capital “F.”
Liquid-Cooled Muscle: The Shadow RS is no stranger to power or torque, thanks to its brawny, liquid-cooled 745cc V-twin. Cruise cross-town or hit the highway—this machine can handle both, and sound really good doing it.
Honda Fuel Injection: Fuel Injection ensures optimal fuel delivery, and thus performance, utilizing sensors for intake-port pressure, engine-coolant temperature, intake-air temperature and atmospheric pressure.
Comfortable Classic: Higher pegs, more upright bars, and a plush, low, but slightly flatter saddle add up to cruiser comfort with a sporty feel. Which, when you think about it, is exactly how it should be with a machine this versatile.
Don’t be Fuelish: One of the best things about the Shadow RS? Its awesome fuel economy. How good? How about an estimated 56 miles per gallons? Now that’s Honda smart!
- Engine Type: 745cc liquid-cooled 52 deg. V-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 79mm x 76mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 34mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41mm fork; 4.6 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 3.5 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Drum
- Front Tire: 100/90-19
- Rear Tire: 150/80-16
- Rake: (Caster Angle) 32.30 deg.
- Trail: 134mm (5.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 61.4 in.
- Seat Height: 29.4 in.
- Curb Weight: 503 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 2.6 gal., including 0.7 gal. reserve
- Miles Per Gallon: 56 MPG
- Model Id: VT750RS
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Black
- One Year: Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- 745cc V-twin Engine: The Shadow RS's liquid-cooled, 745cc V-twin produces impressive, perfect-for-cruising-or-commuting power across the entire rpm range, while its long-stroke crankshaft design helps create a brawny V-twin pulse and low-rpm torque.
- Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber
- Fuel Injection: Fuel Injection ensures optimal fuel delivery, and thus performance, utilizing sensors for intake-port pressure, engine-coolant temperature, intake-air temperature and atmospheric pressure.
- Five-Speed Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed transmission lets you cruise the boulevard at a low, unhurried pace, yet lets you hop on the highway without revving the engine through the roof.
- Chain Final Drive: Some riders just think a classic cruiser needs a chain. The Shadow RS hears you there. The chain is light and efficient—and best of all, it just looks right, and helps set your Shadow RS apart.
- Dual-Shock Rear Suspension: Classic dual-shock rear suspension features five-position spring preload adjustability and 3.5 inches of wheel travel for a smooth ride.
- Roadster Tank: Classic roadster tank shape and seat are inspired by the world of flat-track racing.
- Shorty Front Fender: Minimalist front fender gives the Shadow RS a lighter, cleaner, more progressive look.
- Upright Seating Position: With the Shadow RS, you sit low, but a bit more upright, and the footpegs are a little further back. The result? A bike that offers all-day-long comfort, and one that's practical too, letting you see what's going on around you.
- Handlebar-Mounted Instruments: Putting the speedometer and the other instruments up on the handlebar in a single, uncluttered gauge gives the RS a sporty, purposeful, super-clean look. It also makes them easy to read!
- Engine Type
- 52 deg. V-twin; SOHC; three valves per cylinder
- 745 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 79 mm x 76 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 34mm throttle body
- Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
- Front Suspension
- 41mm fork; 4.6 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Dual shocks with five-position spring-preload adjustability; 3.5 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 61.4 in.
- Seat Height
- 29.4 in.
- 32.30 deg.
- 5.3 in. (134 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.6 gal., including 0.7 gal. reserve
- 56 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 503 lb.
- Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive
- O-ring-sealed chain
- One Year Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.