2013 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
It's called classic for a reason: it draws its styling cues from days when everyone who was anyone had a muscle car, 8-tracks pumped the tunes out and a low-slung motorcycle turned heads. With its distinctive two-tone Special Edition pearl flat stardust white and flat ebony paint scheme and whitewall tires, the Vulcan® 900 Classic is definitely one bike to get noticed on, with its spoked wheels, low-slung seat and dual slash-cut mufflers.
• 903cc V-twin offers an optimal balance of performance, style and manageability
• Digital fuel injection for precise throttle response and improved fuel economy
• Special Edition flat, two-tone paint scheme and whitewall tires provide a uniquely stylish presence on the street
• Rider floorboards with heel and toe shifter enhance rider comfort
• 5.3-gallon fuel tank is largest in class
• Stylish tank-mounted instrumentation includes fuel gauge
• Fat 180-series rear tire is widest in class
• Efficient and stylish belt drive runs cleaner and requires less maintenance than a chain
• Tuned to deliver a healthy dose of torque at low rpm
• Smooth and reliable
• Gear-driven balancer allows use of single pin crankshaft without excessive vibration
Four-valve Cylinder Head
• Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow, resulting in more power and more low-end torque
• Single overhead cam design is simple, lightweight and practical
• Extremely efficient intake tracts feature ports that narrow near the combustion chamber to increase intake flow speed for more efficient filling and increased torque
• Long intake tracts for great low-end response
Liquid and Air Cooling
• Exceptional thermal control with finned cylinders and cylinder head, combined with liquid cooling
• Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power
• Automatic fan keeps things cool even in traffic
• Includes temperature warning light
Dual Slash-cut Mufflers
• Big slash-cut mufflers look great and contain honeycomb catalyzers to reduce emissions
Positive Neutral Finder
• Just lift the shift pedal from first gear at a stop to easily find neutral, every time
Electronic Fuel Injection
• Dual throttle bodies with sub-throttles provide optimum performance and rideability
• The sub-throttles, located behind the main throttle valve, are controlled by the ECU so that the DFI® system retains more precise throttle response, similar to a constant velocity carburetor
• Fine-atomizing injectors produce a fine fuel mist for better acceleration, combustion and fuel consumption
Kevlar-Reinforced Belt Drive
• Lower unsprung weight than shaft drive to improve ride quality and suspension action
• More efficient so more power reaches the rear wheel compared to shaft drive
• Cleaner and lower maintenance than chain drive
Double Cradle Frame
• Very rigid large-diameter box section backbone allows a larger fuel tank, and helps contribute to lightweight handling at low speeds
• Triangular swingarm looks like a hardtail design, but acts on a single shock hidden beneath the seat
• Long and low for minimal seat height and maximum visual impact
• Fork offset and frame geometry combine for light, low-effort handling at ultra-low speeds
• Long wheelbase contributes to a comfortable highway ride
New Reshaped Seat
• New seat shape offers increased lumbar support for improved rider comfort, and a longer seating area for the passenger
• Ultra-low 26.8-inch seat height allows riders to easily plant both feet on the ground at stops
• Laid-back riding comfort for two
Tank-mounted Speedometer with Turn Signal Indicators and Caution Lamps
• Gives you the information you need at a glance
• Compact design complements the bike’s clean look
• 5.3-gallon fuel tank is largest in its class
41mm Front Fork
• Excellent rigidity and 5.9-inches of travel – the most in its class
• 32-degree rake angle for excellent straight line tracking
• Wide fork pitch for classic look
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
• The 300mm front and 270mm rear brake rotors are gripped by twin-piston calipers for some of the best stopping power in the class
Custom Spoke Wheels
• Chromed steel rims and spokes
• “Spool-style” polished aluminum front hub
Wide Rear Tire
• 180mm rear tire provides added traction while projecting a powerful image
• Wider tire than that found on most large-displacement cruisers
• Widest rear tire in its class
- Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, four valves per cylinder V-twin
- Displacement: 903cc / 55.1 cu.in.
- Bore x Stroke: 88 x 74.2 mm
- Maximum Torque: 58.2 lb.-ft. @ 3,500 rpm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Cooling System: Liquid
- Fuel System: DFI® with dual 34mm Keihin throttle bodies
- Ignition: TCBI with Electronic Advance
- Transmission: 5-Speed
- Final Drive: Belt
- Frame: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
- Rake/Trail: 32°/6.3 in.
- Front Suspension / Wheel Travel: 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.9 in.
- Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel: Uni-Trak® swingarm / 4.1 in.
- Front Tire Size: 130/90-16
- Rear Tire Size: 180/70-15
- Wheelbase: 64.8 in.
- Front Brakes / Rear Brakes: 300mm hydraulic disc / 270mm hydraulic disc
- Fuel Capacity: 5.3 gal.
- Seat Height: 26.8 in.
- Overall Length: 97.0 in.
- Overall Width: 39.6 in.
- Overall Height: 41.9 in.
- Curb Weight: 619.6 lbs.
- Color Choices: Pearl Flat Stardust White
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Warranty: 12 Months
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke, SOHC, four valves per cylinder V-twin
- 903 cc (55.1 cu.in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 88 x 74.2 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- DFI® with dual 34mm Keihin throttle bodies
- TCBI with Electronic Advance
- Front Suspension
- 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.9 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Uni-Trak® swingarm / 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- 300mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Brakes
- 270mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 64.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 26.8 in.
- 32 deg.
- 6.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.3 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 619.6 lb.
- Final Drive
- Pearl Flat Stardust White
- 12 Months