2014 Suzuki RM-Z 450
The RM-Z450 won Cycle World Magazine's "Best Motocrosser" in 2011 and 2012 and saw continued success by winning Transworld Motocross and RacerX's 450 shootout in 2013. Now with the 2014 RM-Z450, the podium is even closer to your grasps!
The 2014 RM-Z450 has an engine that develops exceptional power from idle to redline and provides incredibly crisp throttle response. It also features the innovative Separate Function front Fork (SFF) from no other than Showa. The front suspension is engineered with a twin-spar aluminum frame for an optimum balance between rigidity and high-speed traction, providing you with incredibly precise handling and smooth performance on the toughest tracks. Simply put, the 2014 Suzuki RM-Z450 gives you the key to overpower the competition.
- ECM ignition program has been changed for improved starting performance.
- Stylish two-tone radiator shrouds with new aggressive graphics and yellow number plate accentuate the RM-Z450's agile looks.
- The piston pin has Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) surface treatment, for less friction and increased durability.
- Intake cam timing and amount of lift has been modified for smoother power delivery and control.
- Aluminum cylinder with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating, built for durability, light weight and efficient heat transfer.
- Lightweight, battery-less, motocross-use electronic fuel injection system with progressive throttle linkage makes for efficient power delivery. 12-hole fuel injector delivers a fine fuel/air mist for efficient operation.
- Redesigned muffler internal parts, bottom-to-mid range power and torque are increased, resulting in improved performance without losing top end. The new muffler body now uses conventional bolts in end cap instead of rivets to simplify the replacement of the glass wool packing in the muffler.
- The muffler body uses conventional bolts, instead of rivets to simplify the replacement of muffler’s glass wool packing.
- For quick fuel adjustment setting to suit riding condition, two couplers are enclosed. One is for rich and another for lean fuel setting compared to stock setting. Riders can change fuel setting to best suit the riding conditions by simply connecting either coupler.
- 449cc 4-stroke liquid-cooled DOHC 4-valve fuel-injected engine developed to deliver phenomenal idle-to-redline performance
- Through feedback from factory racing, the piston, piston pin and connecting-rod are developed with the use of Finite Element Method (FEM) analysis.
- The newly designed piston, piston pin and connecting rod are developed with use of Finite Element Method (FEM) analysis. The new piston is 13 percent lighter without any compromise to strength and rigidity.
- 5-speed transmission enables precise gear shift operation.
- Slim chassis design makes for a slim riding position, opening up the cockpit to allow the rider to actively take control of the machine.
- Showa piggyback-reservoir rear shock with high/low-speed compression damping adjustment, plus rebound damping and spring preload adjustments. The rear shock, working through Suzuki's superlative rising-rate linkage system, provides 2 inches of wheel travel, delivering maximum traction.
- Front fork spring pre-load is adjustable, allowing a wider range of settings
- Renthal Aluminum Fatbar is standard equipment. It has more strength and less vibration than Aluminum straight handlebars.
- Race-inspired waved disc rotors and Excel aluminum rims are standard equipment.
- Gripper seat, with projected cross-shaped patterns on red-colored top surface to provide additional grip.
- Riders can now track engine-operating time and better manage maintenance intervals using the optional FI indicator (Part no. 36380-28H00).
- Latest version of Separate Function front Fork (SFF-type2) from Showa, separating the spring and damping tasks. The right leg contains the spring, while the left leg incorporates the cartridge assembly to manage damping. It results in reduced friction, increased absorption performance and weight saving.
- Engine: 449cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC
- Bore Stroke: 96.0mm (3.8 in.) x 62.1mm (2.4 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
- Fuel System: Fuel Injection
- Starter: Primary kick
- Lubrication: Semi-dry sump
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (CDI)
- Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain, DID520MXV4, 114 links
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Disc brake
- Brakes Rear: Disc brake
- Tires Front: 80/100-21 51M, tube type
- Tires Rear: 110/90-19 62M, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 6.2 L (1.6 US gal.)
- Color: Champion Yellow / Solid Black
- Overall Length: 2190 mm (86.2 in.)
- Overall Width: 830 mm (32.7 in.)
- Overall Height: 1270 mm (50.0 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1495 mm (58.9 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 325 mm (12.8 in.)
- Seat Height: 955 mm (37.6 in.)
- Curb Weight: 113 kg (249 lb.)
- Warranty: No Warranty
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, single cylinder, DOHC
- 449 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.8 in. x 2.4 in. (96.0 x 62.1mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection
- Electronic ignition (CDI)
- Front Suspension
- Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Front Tire
- 80/100-21 51M, tube type
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Tire
- 110/90-19 62M, tube type
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 249 lb. (113 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.6 US gal. (6.2 L)
- 58.9 in. (1495 mm)
- Ground Clearance
- 12.8 in. (325 mm)
- Seat Height
- 37.6 in. (955 mm)
- 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain, DID520MXV4, 114 links
- Champion Yellow / Solid Black
- No Warranty