2014 Triumph STREET TRIPLE R ABS
We have created the ultimate in finely honed, thrilling supersport performance packaged in a stunning streetfighter style, with our Street Triple R.
To start with, there was no better bike than our Street Triple to base it on. It already had the advantage with a class leading engine and awesome, focussed looks.
For the Street Triple R we've added high-end adjustable suspension and radially-mounted four-piston brakes, sharpened the geometry and given it a few visual tweaks that tell you this bike is different.
Nothing else comes close to the Street Triple R.
- Performance: Today’s three cylinder is smoother, revvier and more powerful than a twin but has the individuality and soundtrack that no four can come close to. As always, the torque curve on the Street Triple R is exhilarating from low revs to high. Staying above 43lb.ft from 3,000rpm right up to 12,500rpm so you can pull hard and instantly whatever the rev counter is showing. And, with a maximum of 106PS and less weight than ever before, there’s enough for the odd thrilling track day.
- Configuration: We made the gearbox in the Street Triple R with a taller first gear than before so you can make more of the engine's depth of torque for smoother urban riding. And to keep it smooth through the gears we've fitted a gear-driven balance shaft, so your focus on long stints at high speeds isn’t interrupted by vibration. Four valves per cylinder with double overhead camshafts is the best layout for high revs, so that’s what the Street Triple R gets. Although our engineers have designed the cam timing and new exhaust to give you plenty of punch at low and medium revs for more useable power during normal road riding.
- Exhaust: Undoubtedly the most obvious change for the Street Triple R is the exhaust. Now tucked tight beneath the engine it gives the tail end a lean, more modern look and lowers the center of gravity for even better handling.
- Sound: The sound is now even better than before with the new intake path through the frame turning up volume for an even snarlier, more engaging sound than ever. Making the Street Triple R one of the most exciting motorcycles on the road today.
- Frame: The geometry is sharper than the Street Triple's with a 0.7 degree steeper rake angle at 23.4 degrees and 4.6mm less trail at 95mm, designed to give the R even more responsive handling.
- Suspension: A chassis as good as the Street Triple R’s needs suspension to match, so it comes with KYB 41mm upside down forks with adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping, and a rear monoshock with piggy back reservoir adjustable for rebound and compression damping.
- Handling: By making Street Triple R 6kg lighter with a 3 per cent increase in weight distribution over the front, now at 52 per cent, and with its mass more centralized, the Street Triple R is now more agile and responsive than ever. The overall design gives you the stability and confidence for an incredible riding experience.
- Brakes: We’ve uprated the brakes on the R with a pair of radially-mounted, four-piston Nissin calipers up front to give you exceptional braking force with almost telepathic feedback.
- Wheels and Tires: The latest Street Triple R gets lighter wheels for a lot of reasons. Reduced gyroscopic forces make the steering faster and more tactile, you get better response on poor surfaces, it gives the suspension an easier time, which improves grip, and with less weight to accelerate and slow down the overall performance of the bike is improved too. R versions feature a red pinstripe detail.
- Riding Position: With the Street Triple R you get a different set up to the standard model for more focused supersport performance. While the bars, seat and footrests are in the same relative positions, the seat is 20mm higher at 820mm so you sit slightly further forward over the front end. Even though it’s a more road-friendly set-up than a full-on supersport bike, we’ve made it upright enough for natural and easy town riding but with a sufficiently aggressive stance for pushing the chassis to its limits.
- ABS: Where ABS is fitted it's possible to disable it via the dash if required, and it automatically activates again each time the ignition is switched on, so there's no forgetting you've turned it off.
- Instruments and Computer: The Street Triple R offers the same very high level of equipment and impressive detailing as the standard model. The dash is still as comprehensive as it always was with its twin trip computer showing economy, range, gear indicator, lap timer and programmable gear change lights.
- Immobilizer: Just in case your bike attracts the wrong kind of attention, we’ve added a high technology security system. It detects a microchip in the key body and if it's not present the ignition system is disabled. This prevents a copy of the correct key being used to switch the bike on.
- Arrow Slip On Silencer: Bespoke performance slip-on silencer developed with Arrow special parts. Features stainless steel pressed body with titanium wrap silencer and carbon fiber end cap. Offers impressive 2ps power increase(with DB killer removed) E approved for noise and emissions.
- TPMS: A change in tire pressure can dramatically alter handling. So our Tire Pressure Monitoring System will let you know any change in pressure, on the track or on the road, before it becomes an issue.
- Quick-Shifter: Race Inspired gear change quick-shifter to allow full and partial throttle up-shifts without the use of the clutch. Full plug and play installation means no modifications to the motorcycle harness are required.
- Bellypan: Made to exacting tolerances this unique accessory is styled to match the New Street Triple’s uncompromising look.
- Fly Screen: Factory colour matched Fly screen diverts air from the rider to reduce wind blast and increase comfort. Aggressively styled in line with the motorcycle, the Fly Screen is manufactured from High impact ABS for durability and supplied complete with all necessary fixings.
- LED Indicators: Gloss Black LED indicator units designed act as a direct replacement for the standard parts. Features include cast alloy body, with rubberized mounting foot and Triumph logo branding.
- CNC Machined Levers: CNC machined, billet aluminium brake and clutch levers to replace the standard equipment items. Features aerospace grade aluminium with hard anodized finish.
- Anodized Brake Reservoirs: Replacement CNC machined brake reservoir in anodized black finish.
- Moulded Frame Protectors: Bespoke frame protectors designed to offer additional protection in the event of a fall. Manufactured from durable nylon, these frame protectors require no cutting of bodywork to install and are styled to compliment the Street Triples aggressive features.
- Our confidence provides you with a two-year unlimited mileage warranty on your new Triumph and Genuine Accessories. Alongside the knowledge that we give you a 12 month unlimited mileage warranty on replacement parts.
- The Street Triple R carries 6,000 mile (10,000km) service intervals.
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 675cc
- Bore: 74.0 mm
- Stroke: 52.3 mm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1 low single sided stainless steel silencer
- Final Drive: O ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate.
- Gearbox: 6-speed, close ratio
- Oil Capacity: 0.9 gal.
- Frame: Front - aluminum beam twin spar. Rear - 2 piece high pressure die cast
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, cast aluminum alloy
- Front Wheels: Cast aluminum alloy 5-spoke 17 x 3.5in
- Rear Wheels: Cast aluminum alloy 5-spoke 17 x 5.5in
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire: 180/55 ZR 17
- Front Suspension: KYB 41 mm upside down forks with adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping, 115 mm travel
- Rear Suspension: KYB monoshock with piggy back reservoir adjustable for rebound and compression damping, 135 mm rear wheel travel
- Brakes Front: Twin 310 mm floating discs. Nissin 4-piston radial calipers.(Switchable ABS model available)
- Brakes Rear: Single 220 mm disc, Brembo single piston caliper. (Switchable ABS model available)
- Instrument Display and Functions: LCD multi-functional instrument pack with digital speedometer, fuel gauge, trip computer, analogue tachometer, lap timer, gear position indicator, programmable gear change lights, clock, TPMS ready and switchable ABS.
- Length: 2055 mm
- Width Handlebars: 740
- Height without Mirror: 1110 mm
- Seat Height: 820 mm
- Wheelbase: 1410 mm
- Rake: 23.4 deg.
- Trail: 95.0 mm
- Tank Capacity: 17.4 L
- Wet Weight: 183 kg
- Max Power EC: 106PS @ 11850
- Max Torque EC: 68NM @ 9750
- Engine Type
- 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 74.0 x 52.3 mm
- Fuel System
- Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- Front Suspension
- KYB 41 mm upside down forks with adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping, 115 mm travel
- Rear Suspension
- KYB monoshock with piggy back reservoir adjustable for rebound and compression damping, 135 mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin 310 mm floating discs. Nissin 4-piston radial calipers. (Switchable ABS model available)
- Rear Brakes
- Single 220 mm disc, Brembo single piston caliper. (Switchable ABS model available)
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 1410 mm
- Seat Height
- 820 mm
- 23.4 deg.
- 95.0 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 17.4 L
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 183 kg
- 6-Speed, Close Ratio
- Final Drive
- O-Ring Chain
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Analog
- Matt Graphite, Crystal White, Phantom Black
- 2 Year unlimited mileage