2015 Harley-Davidson® TRI GLIDE ULTRA CLASSIC
MYSTERIOUS RES SUNGLO / BLACK
TRI GLIDE ULTRA CLASSIC
- Project RUSHMORE - Control: Here are some of the innovations Project RUSHMORE led to: the Reflex™ Linked Brakes with ABS, the Daymaker™ LED headlamps and fog lamps, brighter Tour-Pak® lighting, brighter turn signals, brighter brake lights, and a steering head with stiffer front forks. Locked-up tires are now history even when there’s wet pavement. We’ve made it feel even better to lean your way through a turn. Now you can see better. And we’ve made you more conspicuous to the cage-driving public. Because one thing we all agree on is this: bikes that work better make riders who ride better. Take a ride. See how good you can be.
- H-D® Smart Security System (Optional): The factory-installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle's electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to detail and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Three-Wheel Frame Design: Trikes are bound to ride a little differently than two-wheeled machines. But when they're done right, they have a joy of their own. Harley-Davidson uses legendary engineering and ride dynamics to keep you comfortable and connected to the road. This three-wheeled pioneer is built from the ground up for maximum handling. The frame and chassis structure is engineered to specifically handle the steering forces and weight of a three-wheel vehicle. And we defy you find a more comfortable ride on the touring circuit—from two to four to eighteen wheels.
- Dual Disc Front and Hayes™ Rear Brakes: We've installed the ultimate complement to the reliable dual-disc front brakes. The top-of-the-line Hayes™ dual-disc assembly in back comes complete with hand-actuated parking brake. So whether you're descending a mountain of switchbacks or just trying to park in San Francisco, you can ease your mind.
- Ergonomically Designed Hand Controls: It’s hard to enjoy the ride or keep your eyes focused on what’s coming down the road when you’re fussing and bothering with the switches on your handlebar. So we’ve worked over the hand controls on our trikes with as much passion as we’ve worked over our engine. We made the shape more ergonomic and located and angled them to fall right under your thumbs. We’ve added left-hand cruise for easy activation, toggle switches to control infotainment functions, and an easily locatable trigger switch to control and scan through functional readouts. And we’ve improved the feel to give you a confidence-inspiring click at every push of a button. Even the dash panel switch gets better. And it’s all prewired for parts and accessories, which even lets you customize with less fuss and bother.
- Steering Head and Front Forks: Whether it’s a big sweeping curve or a set of tight turns, getting through the corners just got better. We stiffened up the front end and increased the fork diameter to 49mm, an increase of 18 percent. The responsiveness is dialed in. Plus a steering damper controls feedback from the road. So when you're out with your bagger buddies, you'll stay right at the front of the pack.
- Daymaker™ LED Headlamp and LED Fog Lamps: For those who regard darkness as an invitation to go farther, the Daymaker™ LED headlight with LED fog lamps will light the way. With 2,136 powerful, daylight-simulating lumens that bathe the dark road in natural light, a shoulder-to-shoulder spread of 160 feet and a 450-foot punch, the night is yours to take with full confidence. Because not all of us look for an exit when day turns to night.
- Rear to Front Linked Brakes: No doubt about it, there are times riding when you need to haul things down in a hurry. That’s why the Tri Glide® Ultra model comes standard with rear to front linked brakes. When the rear brake is applied the system also applies the front brake for maximum stopping power. However, the front brake is independent so you can use it without applying and brake to the rear. No matter how good you are, this will make you a better rider.
- Six-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission: You want a ride that rumbles—not begs for mercy—when you lean on it a little. The Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. It's a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you're opening up the road ahead.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Heritage: The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it was put to good use when we created the Twin Cam 103™ engine. We sweated bullets perfecting every cubic inch, pushing design and technology forward. And we did it all without compromising one bit of Harley-Davidson's unique styling. Evolved, yet carrying on the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution® and Twin Cam 88® and Twin Cam 96® engines that came before. The performance and durability are a direct result of the untold miles logged on the V-Twin since 1909 and the proud heritage that comes from a century's worth of commitment to life on two wheels.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Innovation: Fire up the air-cooled, rubber-mounted Twin Cam 103™ engine and feel the low-end torque unleashed for a smooth ride. Thanks to the lightweight piston design, delivery of the added power is more refined than ever. Then put your foot on the shifter and feel how the engine and Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission were designed to work together. Six speeds. A strong driveline and strong internal parts. Low routine maintenance. And a low cruising rpm couldn't feel better.
- Project RUSHMORE - Engine: As every rider knows, the engine is at the heart of the experience of riding a motorcycle. The amount of torque and horsepower it delivers over the RPM range is in direct proportion to the feeling it gives you when you roll on the throttle. We know what riders want from a motorcycle engine because we’ve been building them for 110 years. Project RUSHMORE gave us the opportunity to dial it in just right. We conducted thousands of road tests with real riders giving us feedback to build the next iteration of the legendary Harley-Davidson® engine. The consensus was: We want more. More low-end torque, more passing power, more perfection in the tone of the exhaust note, more of the feeling we ride a motorcycle for. So we built the engines that deliver it. We’re proud to unveil the next level of Harley-Davidson® V-Twin engine. And prove once and for all, the customer is always right.
- Twin-Cooled™ High Output Twin Cam 103™ Engine: If you started in 1909 with the very first Harley-Davidson® V-Twin engine and worked your way up through every engine, every innovation, every improvement, every ride, every durability test in all those years and countless miles since, you arrive at the Twin Cooled™ High Output Twin Cam 103™ engine. This is the top of the line. 103 cubic inches of air and precision cooled Harley-Davidson® V-twin engine power. Twin cooling cools the heads around the exhaust ports to deliver at or near peak performance under all operating conditions and temperatures. A higher compression ratio increases efficiency and horsepower. The airbox delivers increased airflow and the cams optimize low-end torque. It’s got the fastest 60 to 80 mph 5th gear roll on in the history of Harley-Davidson. Which means it’s got the most passing power in the history of Harley-Davidson. On top of all that, it puts less heat on the rider and passenger on scorching days and in stop-and-go traffic.
- Project RUSHMORE - Infotainment: More sound. Purer sound. Big, full-color touch screens. Switches that are located where you intuitively want them to be and can reach without removing your hands from the grips. Voice activation for your music, phone and GPS. Or as more than one rider asked: “Why can’t the infotainment system on my motorcycle blow away the ones the car companies put in their cars?” We couldn’t agree more. Check out the infotainment system Project RUSHMORE brought to the sport of motorcycling. You won’t believe your eyes. Or ears.
- Boom!™ Box 6.5GT Radio: Let’s start with this: 25% more volume for your tunes. The Boom!™ Box 6.5GT Radio puts out 25 watts per channel at 1% distortion and features a factory-tuned, optimized equalizer that pumps out more power and can be played louder while maintaining the clarity of your sound. And the speed tuning system delivers more than just volume changes at different speeds. It changes the level of bass and treble to dial in the best sound, whether you’re running at a stately pace down the strip or going hell for leather down an open stretch of road. How do you like the sound of a Harley® motorcycle now?
- 6.5-inch Full Color Touch Screen Display: This 6.5-inch full-color touch screen puts all your information in front of you bigger than ever. Modern graphics, colors you can dial in, and auto and manual dim. Designed to sit stylishly inside your fairing, it takes screen technology to an eye-popping level of Harley-Davidson functionality. This is more than you expect, but when you’re going all the way, it’s everything you deserve.
- Jukebox with USB Port for iPod/iPhone: The Jukebox opens with one touch of a button and includes a USB connection which accepts your iPhone, iTouch, non-iPod imitators, and SD card and other USB compatible devices. Pop it open, plug in and your device becomes a part of your motorcycle. Ready to be operated by voice command or hand controls.
- Voice Recognition, Bluetooth: The Boom!™ Box 6.5GT gives you voice recognition for hands-free operation of your mobile phone, navigation system and music. It’s also Bluetooth capable. Whatever you want, just say the word. Whether it’s directions to the next gas station, a call back to the office you’re not at today or a song that fits the stretch of road you’re on, it’ll be served up without missing a beat.
- 5.25-inch Front and Rear Speakers: The sound delivered front and rear comes from 5.25-inch speakers mounted securely in sealed and tuned enclosed speaker housings.
- Ready For Your Upgrades: The Boom!™ Box 6.5GT was built with your personal touches in mind. You can integrate P & A satellite radio right into the vehicle radio with no external mounting and control it through the hand controls. Additional satellite services such as weather and traffic can be added and overplayed on the GPS maps. You can even download map upgrades and additional functions. The only question is, how far do you want to go?
- Project RUSHMORE - Comfort: We dialed in the comfort of our machines the hard way: over thousands of miles in all kinds of riding conditions on every kind of street, road and highway ever laid down in pavement. Experienced riders and passengers putting in long hours in the saddle and giving us feedback on every aspect that contributes to comfort on the road. Airflow, heat management, passenger space, back rests, seat textures, legroom and hand controls all went under the hard microscope of the road and got tested and re-tested by real riders and worked and re-worked by us until we were satisfied we had built the most comfortable machines on the road. We all want to go farther, and when you and your passenger are more comfortable in the saddle, you can.
- Full-Length Footboards & Toe/Heel Gear Shifts: Your boots were made for riding—any way you see fit. Our full-length footboards boast a time-tested, tried-and-true design and rubber isolation for a comfortable ride, while the height-adjustable passenger boards add another level of customizable comfort for your riding partner. And for shifting gears, you can use either the traditional toe-shift or the even easier, more convenient heel-shift. It might take a few rides, but once you've gotten used to the smooth shifting rhythm, you'll never give it up.
- Mid-Frame Air Deflectors: Designed and tested to deflect heat generated from the V-Twin, the mid-frame air deflectors are enlisted for duty on every ride, especially the hotter days. These low-profile black deflectors are mounted to the frame of the Tri Glide® Ultra model just below the seat and move the heat away from your legs and body. Summer rides just got more comfortable.
- Wide Set Handlebar: Classic style and maximum comfort. That's the perfect balance of the wide set handlebars that come standard on the Tri Glide® Ultra model. They're designed to keep you comfortably propped in a commanding position while making sure your neck muscles stay calm and relaxed mile after mile, state after state. Durable stainless steel ensures the structural rigidity you expect from a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle with the deep, lustrous finish you desire.
- Standard Cruise Control: Installing cruise control is standard operating procedure on the trike models because riding long stretches of unbroken highway is standard operating procedure among touring riders. Electronic throttle control means no cable cluttering up your handlebar. And the switches are placed where you can easily dial in your speed with your left thumb, give the wrist a break, and keep hauling on down the road.
- Back and Arm Rests: If you really want to know what makes a passenger comfortable, you start by asking people who’ve seen a good part of the world from the back of a bike. You run thousands of miles of road tests in heat, cold, sun, and rain. You use their input to perfect the height, the width, the shape, the contour, the texture of the leather, the lumbar support. You install controls that can be easily reached and operated with one hand. What you end up with is the back and arm rests you’re looking at right here. Passengers love them like they’re their own babies, because in a manner of speaking, they are.
- Fairing Design Reduces Head Buffeting: This is what the science of cheating the wind involves at Harley-Davidson now: fluid mechanics, algorithms, high-speed super computers and thousands upon thousands of wind-tunnel tests with riders in the saddle telling us how it feels. And that’s before we take it out on the road for thousands of miles of real world wind gusts and every form of rain a cloud can spit out. The result: a Batwing fairing that delivers smoother air flow and reduced head buffeting. Most of it thanks to the pressure-equalizing duct on the front. It opens and closes with one touch of a button. The feeling of being in the wind just got even better.
- Accessory Connector: Beyond its capacity, comfort, head-turning looks and that broad band of power, you can enhance your Tri Glide® Ultra model even more by taking advantage of the exhaustive catalogue of Harley-Davidson add-ons and accessories. The accessory connector sits discreetly under the rider seat, making it easy to plug in and reach whatever you envision adding to your Trike.
- Trunk and King Tour-Pak® Storage: With a total cargo capacity of 6.7 cubic feet and up to 80 pounds, the Tri Glide® Ultra model puts the "haul" in long haul. The integrated trunk offers 4.4 cubic feet and 50 pounds of storage capacity, while the waterproof, injection-molded Tour-Pak® luggage carrier keeps things classy and neat with soft woven-nylon luggage liner and plenty of storage pockets. So head out cross country or to Biketoberfest knowing you've got the capacity to turn luxury touring into luxury living on the road.
- Project RUSHMORE - Convenience: If you want the ride to be truly epic, you have to sweat bullets to make the little things work exactly right. This is what Project RUSHMORE was all about. Now you have saddlebags and Tour-Pak® luggage carriers that can be easily opened with one hand. Compartments that open with one touch. And we’ve increased the storage space on these machines without ruining the sleek, road-eating look of the bike. It all adds up to hundreds of little moments where things just click conveniently into place. Because there can be no imperfections in the quest for the perfect ride.
- One-Touch Design Philosophy: Here’s the rule we laid down for every compartment cover and saddlebag lid on our touring line: if it doesn’t open with the single touch of a button or one hand, while wearing gloves, it doesn’t go on the motorcycle. Because in all our conversations with all the riders we talked to over the eight years we were rebuilding these motorcycles from the ground up, we didn’t encounter a single individual who wanted to have to put something on the ground before he could store it in a saddlebag.
- One-Touch Fuel Door: One button, one touch, fuel door open. Any questions?
- Tour-Pak® Design: The Tour-Pak® luggage carrier sports a sleek look, but it didn’t come at the expense of storage space. They’re bigger inside than ever and can easily accommodate two full face helmets. There’s a document and toolkit pouch. The lock is integrated into the latch to keep your key away from your premium paint. And the premium hinges work better and look sharper. You can operate the single latch with one hand. Storage. Check. We have it covered.
- Standard Battery Charging Harness: No question a battery charging harness is a must-have on a motorcycle. Now it’s standard. So you don’t have to waste even the ten minutes it takes to install one on some sunny Saturday when you could be riding.
- Electric Reverse with Handlebar-Mounted Control: We know you expect the ultimate performance from the ultimate Harley-Davidson® touring machine, so we make sure to deliver. Case in point: this electric reverse puts convenient control at your fingertips, for confident, easy movement for parking, loading, close-quarters maneuvering, or any situation where only going one way is not an option.
- Foot-Operated Parking Brake: The parking brake on the Tri Glide® Ultra model couldn’t be any simpler to find or operate. It’s right there by your left foot. When you want to lock in, you push it down. When it’s time to take off again, you give it another push. And a light has been added to the gauges to alert you when your parking brake is engaged.
- Seamless Styling and Matching Paint: This three-wheeled pioneer is designed, developed and tested to the highest standards of the Motor Company and backed by over a hundred years of touring mastery. This is not a bolt-on, aftermarket Trike kit. It's engineered and road-tested as a whole. Every inch is integrated for comfort, cargo and confidence. From the smooth, classically designed lines to the front-to-rear matching paint, the Tri Glide® Ultra model has the bloodlines of a true Harley-Davidson® motorcycle through and through.
- Bullet Turn Signals: We went end to end and top to bottom to give the Harley-Davidson® touring lineup the clean, tight, sharp, iconic look and feel that only befits the next generation of our motorcycles. The finishing touch – bullet turn signals. Sleek and modern, yet a timeless classic.
- Inner Fairing Design: Put your eye to the inner fairing of the Tri Glide® Ultra model. There’s a bigger display screen (see the whole story in the infotainment section). Check out the gauges. You’ll notice a 10 percent larger viewing area, with wider, taller numbers sitting on top of that classic black background. The information gets bigger and better too. There’s a gear indicator for all six gears and the display area, which can now be operated by an extremely convenient trigger switch, puts more information at your fingertips. The temperature and fuel gauge are larger too. When you’re on the road, one quick glance tells you everything you need to know.
- Tank and Fender Badges: This isn’t just a motorcycle. It’s a work of art, born out of passion, creativity and long days, late nights and refusing to be satisfied until every detail was perfect. When we added the signature badges, we did it with metal. Nothing else would be right on this masterpiece.
- High Flow Airbox: Our design philosophy can be summed up pretty simply: form follows function, but both report to emotion. This airbox is a prime example of that. It’s the most functional airbox we’ve ever put on a Harley-Davidson® touring bike. It lets the engine breathe better for more power, but it’s also designed to provide better airflow around the rider. Emotion? That’s the part you feel when you look at it sitting right at the center of your V-Twin engine.
- 17" Impeller® Front Wheel: Sitting out front on the Tri Glide® Ultra model, you’ll notice a 17-inch cast aluminum, 10-spoke Impeller wheel. In the back you’ve got a couple of 16-inch Impeller wheels to match. The brake rotors are designed to show off more of the premium custom look of the wheels. Because if you’re going to go this far, you might as well take it all the way.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the Twin Cam 103™ engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Black powder-coated cylinders and cylinder heads with machined cooling fin tips are topped off with chrome rocker covers, while chrome pushrods highlight the iconic V-Twin. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the Twin Cam 103™ engine makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies the rider.
- Length: 105.1 in. (2,670 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 27.1 in. (688 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 28.3 in. (720 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.5 in. (115 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 26
- Trail: 3.94 in. (100 mm)
- Wheelbase: 65.7 in. (1,670 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: MT90B16 72H
- Tires, Rear Specification: P205/65R15
- Fuel Capacity: 6 gal. (22.7 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 4 qt. (3.8 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 1,180 lb. (524.8 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 1,215 lb. (540 kg)
- Luggage Capacity -Volume: 6.8 cu ft (0.19 m3)
- Screen: Size: 6.5 in.; Type: Color; Color Choices: Orange (default), Blue, Brown, Green, Gray, Purple, Red; Day/Night Dimmer: Standard
- Audio Output: Watts Per Channel: 25; Speakers: 4; Speaker Size: 5.25 inch/6.5 inch - P&A Upgrade; Bass Port Rear Speakers: Standard; Distortion (THD): 1%; Internal Amp: Standard; External Amp: P&A Upgrade; Wired Headset: Standard; Headset Specifications (if equipped): 16-64 ohms
- Audio Sources: AM: Standard; FM: Standard; Weather Band (WB): Standard; MP3 - USB Connection: Supported; SD Card - via USB Connection: Supported; Flash Drive - via USB Connection: Supported
- Audio Setup: CB Presets: 6; AM Presets: 6; FM Presets: 15; SiriusXM Presets: 20.0; iPod Device Presets: 20.0; USB-Storage Device Presets: 20.0; WB Presets: 6; Media Player Device Presets: 20; Global Presets: Selectable, up to 20 presets; Favorites: 1 FAV hardkey plus 6 favorites; Classic Mode: Selectable; Seek/Scan: Standard
- Interface Languages: English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese
- Voice Recognition: Hands-free Mobile Phone - via Bluetooth: Standard; Voice Recognition Languages: Phone functions only: English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese; Voice Recognition Languages: Tuner/Media/Navigation: English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese
- Communication: Rider/Passenger Intercom: Standard
- Other Features: Vehicle Information Screen (Air temperature, oil pressure and engine temperature): Standard; Software Update via USB interface: Standard; Text-to-Speech (TTS) Languages: English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, European Portuguese; USB: USB/MTP/iPod/iPhone; Bluetooth: Phone/Media Supported
- Engine: Twin-Cooled™ High Output Twin Cam 103™
- Bore: 3.87 in. (98.4 mm)
- Stroke: 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Displacement: 103.1 cu.in. (1,690 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 10.534
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 7.302
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 5.423
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 4.392
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.741
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th: 3.157
- Exhaust: Chrome, 2-1-2 dual with tapered mufflers
- Wheels, Front Type: Black, 7-spoke Cast Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black, 7-spoke Cast Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type: 6 piston fixed front with 4-31.75 mm front pistons and 2-25.4 mm linked rear pistons, 31.75mm single piston floating rear
- Parking Brake: Foot actuated dual
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 106.2 ft-lb (144 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3750
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 38 mpg (6.2 L/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High Beam, running lights, front fender running lights, directional lights, battery, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, cruise control, speakers, accessory, security system (optional), gear indication, low fuel warning, reverse, park brake, miles to empty display, fog/aux lamp indicator
- Gauges: Compared to MY13: 10% larger speedometer and tachometer with 68% wider numbers; 28% larger fuel and volt with 30% wider numbers; display features odometer, trip A, trip B, range to empty, and gear indicator; and larger telltale indicators, including new reverse indicator light
- Engine Type
- High Output Twin Cam 103™
- 103.1 cu.in. (1,690 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.87 in. (98.4 mm) x 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- 6 piston fixed with 4-31.75 mm pistons
- Rear Brakes
- 2-25.4 mm linked pistons, 31.75mm single piston floating
- Front Tire
- MT90B16 72H
- Rear Tire
- 65.7 in. (1,670 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 27.1 in. (688 mm); Unladen: 28.3 in. (720 mm)
- 26 deg.
- 3.94 in. (100 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 6 gal. (22.7 L)
- 38 mpg (6.2 L/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 1,180 lb. (524.8 kg)
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Digital
- Vivid Black