2016 BMW K1600 GTL EXCLUSIVE
Touring all inclusive: the K 1600 GTL Exclusive.
When dynamic performance meets luxury, the result is always exclusive and sensational. BMW Motorrad presents the K 1600 GTL Exclusive – a high-class touring bike that takes technology and visual styling to the extreme. This GTL makes all 6-cylinder dreams come true.
The design: a perfectly crafted masterpiece.
"Exclusive" at first sight: three layers of paint give the outer skin of the GTL Exclusive a level of quality and depth which is unparalleled. Mineral white metallic is seamlessly blended with gentle Magnesium metallic matt and supplemented with numerous surfaces finished in chrome, seats in matching colour and a wealth of other details – the GTL Exclusive radiates luxury and dynamic performance from every angle.
The technology: only the best.
The GTL Exclusive also features the silken-soft yet powerful in-line 6-cylinder. Its exclusivity lies in the detail: Hill Start Control for moving off effortlessly on slopes, Keyless Ride automatically releases the steering lock, ignition, fuel tank lid and alarm system as soon as the key is within two metres of the motorcycle. The radio foil aerial is integrated invisibly in the body and the adaptive xenon headlight enhances visibility and safety.
The equipment: uncompromising.
The equipment options assembled for the GTL Exclusive are those most frequently in demand among motorcyclists. Central locking with alarm system and a heated seat with backrest come as standard. ESA II, DTC, TPC, fog lights, satellite radio, a second brake light and ground lighting are included for travel comfort. The functions of the BMW on-board computer Pro have been improved and an engine guard is incorporated as standard.
- Type: Oil/water-cooled 4-stroke in-line 6-cylinder engine, two overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder
- Bore x stroke: 72 mm x 67.5 mm
- Capacity: 1,649 cc
- Rated output: 160 hp (118 kW) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 129 lb-ft (175 Nm) at 5,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.2:1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic intake pipe injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3
- Maximum speed: 125 mph
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h: 51 mpg, at a constant 55 mph
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 120 km/h: 40 mpg, at a constant 75 mph
- Fuel type: Unleaded super
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator 580 W
- Battery: 12 V / 19 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multiple-disc clutch in oil bath
- Gearbox: 6-speed, helical, gearbox
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Bridge-type frame, cast aluminium, load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: BMW Motorrad Duolever; central spring strut
- Rear wheel location / suspension: BMW Motorrad Paralever
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.9 in. / 5.3 in. (125 mm /135 mm)
- Wheelbase: 63.7 in. (1,618 mm)
- Castor: 4.3 in. (108.4 mm)
- Steering head angle: 62.2 deg.
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 6.00 x 17 in.
- Tyres, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tyres, rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual disc brake, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston fixed calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 320 mm, double-piston caliper
- ABS: STANDARD (part-integral)
- Length: 98.0 in. (2,489 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 39.4 in. (1,000 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 57.7 in. (1,465 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: Standard: 29.5 in. (750 mm); High: 30.7 in. (780 mm); Extra high: 31.9 in. (810 mm)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: Standard: 67.7 in. (1,720 mm); High: 69.7 in. (1,770 mm); Extra high: 72.0 in. (1,830 mm)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 794 lb. (360 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 1,235 lb. (560 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 441 lb. (200 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 7.0 gal.
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal.
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke in-line 6-cylinder engine, two overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder
- 1,649 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 72 mm x 67.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic intake pipe injection
- Front Suspension
- BMW Motorrad Duolever; central spring strut
- Rear Suspension
- BMW Motorrad Paralever
- Front Brakes
- Dual disc brake, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston fixed calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 320 mm, double-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR 17
- 63.7 in. (1,618 mm)
- Seat Height
- 29.5 in. (750 mm)
- 4.3 in. (108.4 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 7.0 gal.
- 51 mpg, at a constant 55 mph
- 6-speed, helical, gearbox
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Sparkling Storm Metallic