2017 Harley-Davidson® FXDF FAT BOB
DENIM BLACK - RED
FXDF FAT BOB
Blacked-out finishes. Dual bullet headlamps. This one raises a ruckus just rolling into town.
- It takes styling cues from the barrel of a Tommy Gun: Subtle is not the word that comes to mind when describing the Fat Bob® model. It isn’t just built to grab eyes. It’s built to cause a commotion. Tommy Gun exhaust. A unique dual headlight and custom taillight. Fat rubber rolling on machined disc wheels. And performance that lets you get down to business with 103 cubic inches of high-output H-D® engine and dual disc brakes. The look is outrageous, but when you sink into the saddle you’re in for one sweetheart of a ride.
- Authentic Styling: The motorcycles in the Dyna family trace their root to the original Harley-Davidson factory custom motorcycles. Notice the powerful front ends, chromed steel details and tricked-out wheels. There isn’t an ounce of doubt that you’re looking at a rolling sculpture. But there’s something bigger at work here than a mere visual statement. These are motorcycles sprung from a long riding tradition, with a strong emphasis on the riding. Post-war bobbers. Rebellious 70s choppers. Motorcycles where the theme was riding hard and the only rule was nonconformity. The profile is long and low, built to show off plenty of muscle. The 45° V-Twin engine is the jewel at the center of the design. There is no denying the powerful message sent by such a machine. It says get in the saddle, fire up Big Twin engine, treat your ears to the most satisfying exhaust note in all of motorized transportation, then go wherever the road out of town takes you.
- Iconic Engine: There is something about the steady pulse of power from an air-cooled Twin Cam 103™ engine that works its way into a rider and won’t let go. Once you’ve experienced it you understand. Nothing else in the world of motorized transportation could be as satisfying. There are perfectly rational explanations for this. The lightweight piston design and refined delivery of power. The strong driveline and bulletproof internal parts. The way engine and 6-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission work flawlessly together to carry you down the highway at a relaxed, easy-riding rpm. But rational explanations never go far enough. What you feel when the power of this engine pulls you down the road toward the vanishing point is the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution®, Twin Cam 88® and Twin Cam 96™ engines that came before. It’s something no ordinary engine can deliver.
- Handling: If there’s anything the unruly bunch of riders that gravitate to a Dyna motorcycle have in common, it’s that they’re not easily satisfied. So we built every bike in the family to bridge the gap between knockout looks and uncompromising open road function. The exceptional stiffness of the chassis makes for sure-footed handling. The brakes and suspension components are top end, and the custom-style wheels roll on premium rubber designed for both durability and grip performance. A Dyna motorcycle is rolling proof that you don’t need a bike that looks like it belongs in a B-grade science fiction movie to burn through a wicked set of curves.
- Comfort: Journey back far enough in the factory custom history of the Dyna family and you get to the machine that started the whole thing off: a Harley-Davidson touring bike. Seriously, and that’s your first clue to the rider comfort that waits for you in the saddle of today’s Dyna motorcycle. That early touring machine featured a new kind of isolation mounting system for the engine. Which led to a series of innovative frame designs. And that brings us to the current Dyna frame and its two-point engine isolation mounting system. It makes sure the power of 103 cubic inches of Twin Cam 103™ engine gets to the pavement. But the vibrations don’t get to the rider. You’ll find the same dogged approach to rider comfort throughout every inch of every bike in the family. Handlebars designed to fight the fatigue of a long day in the wind. Foot pegs and controls that hit your boots exactly where they ought to. The look is hard as nails. That doesn’t mean the ride has to be.
- Diagonal Tank Graphics: In a world of more, more, more, sometimes just enough is all you really need. These minimal tank graphics give a nod to the stripped-down nature of the bike. At the same time, the diagonal lines match its aggressive stance. No nonsense. No frills. Pure attitude. You don’t need to say much to make a bold statement.
- Drag-Style Handlebar: The Fat Bob® motorcycle features an internally wired 1 1/4-inch bar with tall risers. This beefy handlebar is truly reminiscent of an aggressive quarter mile monster. And with the wires routed through the steel, you get a clean, minimal look with nothing standing in your way of the open road.
- Dual Front Chrome Headlamp: Twice the custom style. Twice the badass attitude. The Fat Bob® model features a distinctive cast chrome double headlamp bucket with a black trim ring. It blasts open the night so you can see everything in your path. And with double the chrome coverage of a single bucket, you're bound to turn twice as many heads on the boulevard.
- Aggressive Front End: With its wide stance and fat styling, the Fat Bob® comes on like a back-alley brawler: big, bold and dripping with attitude. Muscled up forks, dual headlamps and a 16-inch front wheel wrapped in a 130mm tire give it a menacing, all-business stance and powerful performance.
- Blacked-Out Finishes: The Fat Bob model proves there’s no such thing as too much black. From the aluminum triple clamps and battery box cover to the headlight trim ring and rear shock covers, this thick-cut, menacing bad boy is blacked-out from top to bottom, nose to tail. Go ahead. Flash some black.
- Low Profile Tank Console: It’s sleek. It’s black. It keeps an ultra-low profile. This tank console with 5-inch gage and integral ignition switch gives the Fat Bob a true custom look, for those who refuse to blend in with the herd.
- Black Machined Aluminum Slotted Disc Wheels: Whoever said black was slimming obviously has never seen the burly front end of the Fat Bob. The fat rubber is wrapped around pure black, machined aluminum slotted disc wheels with laser engraved graphics. Even the most formidable stretches of unwelcoming urban pavement will cower out of sheer intimidation.
- Two Up Seat: You spend a lot of time in the saddle, so we spent a lot of time designing a better one. This two-up seat is sleek and ergonomically sculpted to fit as comfortably as your leather jacket. And it puts you in a riding position that commands instant respect in whatever town you happen to be rumbling into. Saddle up and raise a little hell. Who knows, maybe you'll pick up a friend along the way.
- Blacked-Out Rear Shocks: We’re the last ones to screw with a good thing. Which is why the Fat Bob® model comes with the same high-performance, coil-over rear shocks revered by so many riders. But with a little less chrome and a lot more black. Trust us, only the eye will perceive a difference.
- Blunt Cut Mufflers: This devil is all the way in these details. These blunt cut mufflers perfectly complement the aggressive lines of the rear fender, black-covered shocks and tank graphics. This is the Harley-Davidson attention to detail. And it’s the reason our bikes have been grabbing attention for over 110 years.
- Trimmed Rear Fender: Let's just say it's about the minimum amount of rear fender allowed by law. Slash-cut rear with chrome support, this fender won’t hide your rubber from anyone you happen to blow by. And the dual ring LED tail lamp complements the twin headlamp out front. Which means that even in the dark of night you’ll still turn heads.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the Twin Cam 103™ engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Black powder-coated heads and cylinders are highlighted by machined cooling fin tips and chrome rocker covers. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the Twin Cam 103™ engine makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies.
- High Output Twin Cam 103™ Engine: The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it was put to good use when we created the Twin Cam 103™ engine. We sweated bullets perfecting every cubic inch, pushing design and technology forward. And we did it all without compromising one bit of Harley-Davidson's unique styling. Evolved, yet carrying on the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution® and Twin Cam 88® and Twin Cam 96® engines that came before. The performance and durability are a direct result of the untold miles logged on the V-Twin since 1909 and the proud heritage that comes from a century's worth of commitment to life on two wheels.
- High Output Twin Cam 103™ Engine Power: The air cooled High Output Twin Cam 103™ Engine delivers more stump-pulling torque, while its Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection jetting gives crisp, lively throttle reaction. It’s a performance punch that you’ll appreciate when passing, climbing hills, or rolling with luggage packed or a passenger in back—all under that signature Motor Company rumble. And it comes at lower cruising rpm, so you ride more smoothly, with less engine vibration and better highway fuel economy.
- High Output Twin Cam 103™ Engine Innovation: Fire up the High Output Twin Cam 103™ Engine and feel the low-end torque unleashed. Thanks to the lightweight piston design, delivery of the added power is more refined than ever. Then put your foot on the shifter and feel how the engine and 6-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission were designed to work together. Six speeds. A strong driveline and strong internal parts. Low routine maintenance. And a low cruising rpm couldn't feel better.
- 6-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission: You want a ride that rumbles—not begs for mercy—when you lean on it a little. The 6-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. It's a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you're opening up the road ahead.
- Dual Disc Front Brakes: Keeping your mind clear and soaking up the freedom of the open road means not fretting about your ride. Especially when it comes to stopping. High performance, sleek design, the dual disc brakes feature 4-piston fixed calipers out front grabbing on floating rotors for superior stopping power.
- Adjustable Suspension: Easily adjust preload with a spanner wrench to suit your suspension to your riding style. The slammed low rear suspension gives you a more laid-back riding position and style. Low-profile, kicked back for profiling down the boulevard and hugging corners.
- Forward-Mounted Controls: With the custom forward-mount controls on the Fat Bob® model, you can kick back a little and stretch your legs for the ultimate cruise through town or across the state line. It's time to take in the open road the way you were meant to—on a two-wheeled machine that's built to outdo the rest.
- Length: 94.5 in. (2,400 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 26.1 in. (663 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 27.2 in. (690 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.9 in. (125 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 29
- Trail: 4.9 in. (125 mm)
- Wheelbase: 63.8 in. (1,620 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 130/90B16 67H
- Tires, Rear Specification: 180/70B16 77H
- Fuel Capacity: 5 gal. (18.9 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 3 qt. (2.8 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 673 lb. (305 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 706 lb. (320 kg)
- Engine: Air-cooled, High Output Twin Cam 103™
- Bore: 3.87 in. (98.4 mm)
- Stroke: 4.38 in. (111.1 mm)
- Displacement: 103.1 cu in. (1,690 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.311
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.454
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.793
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 3.882
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.307
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th: 2.79
- Exhaust: Chrome, “Tommy Gun” 2-1-2 collector exhaust with dual mufflers
- Wheels, Front Type: Gloss Black Cast Aluminum Wheel w/ Laser Etched Graphics
- Wheels, Rear Type: Gloss Black Cast Aluminum Wheel w/ Laser Etched Graphics
- Brakes, Caliper Type: 4-piston fixed front, and 2-piston torque-free floating rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 99.5 ft-lb (135 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,750
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 30
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 31
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 42 mpg (5.6 l/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, directional light bar, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, turn signals, security system(optional), 6-speed, low fuel warnings
- Gauges: Tank-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, RPM/Gear display, fuel gauge with low fuel warning light and countdown feature, low oil pressure indicator light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, 6-speed indicator light
NOTES:Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2. Fuel Economy estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary. Engine torque values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren. Seat Height measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
- Engine Type
- High Output Twin Cam 103™
- 103.1 cu in. (1,690 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.87 in. (98.4 mm) x 4.38 in. (111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- 4-piston fixed
- Rear Brakes
- 2-piston torque-free floating
- Front Tire
- 130/90B16 67H
- Rear Tire
- 180/70B16 77H
- 63.8 in. (1,620 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 26.1 in. (663 mm); Unladen: 27.2 in. (690 mm)
- 29 deg.
- 4.9 in. (125 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 gal. (18.9 L)
- 42 mpg (5.6 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 673 lb. (305 kg)
- Vivid Black